you never can begin to live until you dare to die...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A nice little ramble


Check this out.

Something tells me this guy would date a girl who reads. Can you say epic? Male-significant-others everywhere, please take notes.

Cozy in my "hip hobbit" wool hooded half-sweater... just came in from a 5k run, so I'm pleasantly tired and clean after ze shower (now-bobbed hair is still wet). I have a hand-carved-just-for-me exquisite wooden wolf sitting on my desk right now (has anyone ever hand-carved something for you?), next to a mug signed by my most beloved speech and debate club in the world. I am about to savor an email from Hannah. I spent the afternoon talking with Problematic and Kei and some of these great people:



I'm planning another dance like the steampunk one, I've been invited to act in a film project, as soon as that project is done, my hair is getting even shorter. I had a blissful time making music with my sister for church worship today. I haven't gone into internet freefall for weeks. I'm finally killing it, the addiction that I feel most of my generation suffers from.

My mind is a tangled mass of doubts and fears, but life is beautiful, terrible, vivid, and wonderfully worth living.

This blog might disappear soon, guys. Sophia and I were discussing going "off the grid" the other night, and the prospect is tantalizing me.

I want to be free... uncatchable... feeling only reality's pain and pleasure

Hmmm... let's see. What else.... Here are a few more must-read posts from Alexa: Diary and
Of Fog, Books, and Love.

By the way, anyone watched Treasure Planet lately (besides the ever-awesome Libby)? I'm in love with Jim Hawkins' ponytail all over again.

Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you gotta take the helm and chart your own course! Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes, you'll get the chance to really test the cut of your sails and show what you're made of! And... well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day.


Silver's eloquence. And then, at the end,


Why... look at you, glowing like a solar fire. You're something special, Jim. You're gonna rattle the stars, you are!


Time to chart my course. The world is an incredible place, and for the first time, I'm the one holding me back. I don't know where to start.

It's time to rattle some stars.

4 comments:

Celtic Traveler said...

You just quoted all of my favorite parts from the movie:)
Treasure Planet rocks. I just can't stand BEN, though...

Rachel Kimberly said...

Yay for steampunk! ...and epic Jim Hawkins and Silver! (That movie makes me indescribably happy.)
~Evergreena

P.S. You are certainly one-of-a-kind, but you probably already knew that. :)

Kyle said...

If you disappear, I will miss you.

-K.

Bekah said...

GRACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCE YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is horrible...

So many people would never see you again... like literally...