you never can begin to live until you dare to die...

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lunar/Solar








































Look, anything can be art, okay?



Left hand is the lunar cycle, right hand is the sun and... its rays, I guess. [Right handed = bumpy-nail-polish-sun-rays].

Last week, I just did the lunar cycle on my left hand. It. was. such. a. pain. I'm not joking. I told my friend Gabby, who was my partner in crime [and responsible for owning THE most exasperating nail polish EVER] that I was never going to choose to do something "artistic" with my freepin' fingernails again. First, we discovered that despite being very female and very much longstanding friends, we'd never done anything like paint nails together. Second, Gabs kept laughing because I literally would growl and scream at my nails.




But then I had an idea. I had to represent the sun on my right hand and the moon on my left. The moon is just too symbolic of the left side of one's ...psyche, and it contrasted too perfectly with the sun/right side.




Stupid artistic urges.




So I had to try again. This time, I didn't use Gabs' nasty stuff, so it went I little better. [Yes, I'm glaring at you, Gabby. I am.]

No comments: