you never can begin to live until you dare to die...

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Really really really good reading:



"Die before you die. There is no chance after." -CS Lewis.

This is the banner currently emblazoned across the top of one of one of the best blogs I have stumbled across yet.

Check out It's Raining, a delightfully idiosyncratic blog by the ever-intriguing Problematic.

The amount of thought behind each post makes browsing this blog akin to cracking open your favorite thought-provoking novel filled with just the proper amounts of physical sciences, art, philosophy, psychology, mathematics and snippets of bookish knowledge from other kinds of great thinkers to make it fascinating, while still drawing you in with its storyline and characters. At least, my favorite novels fall along those lines. She'll let you inside of her head just a little bit---- not very far in, mind you, but there's so much to that head of hers that you'll still be getting a lot. This pleasure is inexplicable.

From her About Me page:

"I am a seventeen-year-old bibliophile with far too many aspirations: When I was little, I wanted to be a pink ballerina fairy princess nurse, but I have since put away my childish ways, and now want to be a singer/songwriter recording artist author composer professor and own a teashop, castle and loft."

[that's just the first paragraph, mind you]

Highlights:

My favorite element of this little sit is, unequivocally, Problematic's page of "Rules of Living." I have a particular penchant for Rules 20 ["True friends stab from the front"], 29 ["Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast." Oscar Wilde] and 16, with its corollaries [Rule 16: That which does not kill me makes me stronger. Corollary 1 to Rule 16: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable. Corollary 2 to Rule 16: That which does not kill me should be tried more often.] although the list holistically posseses the most merit, in my humble opinion.

Problematic is also a personal friend of mine, a very dear friend. Believe it or not, she's even more delightful [there's no other word for it] in real life, but you don't get to experience that, do you? So take what crust of bread I'm giving you and scuffle over to her blog.

Stay dangerous,

Grace

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I <3 her blog!

Lady June Whimsy said...

Aw, shucks... Thanks, Gray, for the glowing recommendation. :)
~B