you never can begin to live until you dare to die...

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Please.


Have you heard about Haiti's earthquake? On Thursday, my mom told me, in a choky voice, about the thousands of people and livestock that were spread, dead, on the ground in Hait. Read the story HERE.


An estimated 50,000 people have died so far. Haiti needs help.


NYDailyNews says, "While some markets reopened, food was scarce. When the aid trucks arrived, United Nations workers were mobbed by starving Haitians yelling, 'Please! Please!'"


Already, the respoise to their needs has been strong and copious donations have come to the Haitian's aid through various organizations.


Would you consider donating to one?


HAITI RESCUE PROJECT: Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ.


Donate HERE. It's very fast and extremely simple.


Keenan, B, K, are you ready to print those flyers? The H kids, Ophie and I are raising money to send to Haiti.


Anyone want to help?


Donate yourselves and spread the word. Then drop a comment here and tell me how much you've donated. Let's see how high we can get our total!


"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25:34-40

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's terrible. Newspapers here have terribly striking pictures of what's happening here, front page. It sends chills up my spine when I think of what has happened to all those poor people...
Pray for them.

Logan said...

It's not fair. But I guess life really isn't. We should all be thankful for our lives and help others when we can...we'll never know when we'll be in the position to need help.