Or how about, "Too many heroes in a novel?" Check out this cool tag----
First, list twelve characters from any fandom, then answer the questions below.
1. Rebecca from Ivanhoe
2. Uncas, Last of the Mohicans
4. Horatio Hornblower!!! (he gets three exclamation points!)
5. Maid Marion, from my book
6. Photogen, George MacDonald's The Day Boy and the Night Girl
7. Alice from Last of the Mohicans (gag! I put her in here to get things interesting.)
8. Eowyn (couldn't leave her out)
9. Calvin O'Keefe, A Wrinkle in Time
10. Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird
11. Roran, Eragon
12. Erm... uh... why is this one so hard? Ah! Lois Lane. Always liked her. Reporter chicks are cool.. maybe that's why I'd like to become one, possibly...
1. Who would make a better collage prof, 6 or 11?*laughs* Roran. A college Prof. Or Photogen.
They could teach the PE credits, I s'pose.
2. Do you think #2 is hot? Hot? *gulp* I know I'm foolish. I knew this question was coming when I read the quiz on Earwen's blog, but somehow it snuck up on me. Hmmm. Uncas. Yeah, he's just sizzlin.'
3. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed? Lois is Eowyn's boss?
"Go get the shake up on Aragorn and make it snappy..."
And then Eowyn rats out Aragorn, "Yeah, he wears this Evenstar pendant..."
....And it gets on the cover of People mag and Arwen cries...
Then Faramir tells Eowyn to reform and she does and Lois is put out... I like it.
4. What is or what would be 9's favorite book? Golly. Calvin's definitely the reading type... I'd say maybe The Prisoner of Zenda, by Nathaniel Hawthorne
5. Would it make more since for 2 to swear fealty to 6, or the other way around? Erm... neither of them are the fealty-swearing types. As in, if anybody's the boss, it's generally one of them. So they're not really compatible like that... unless one of them lost a few limbs to the other in combat or something... and even then, only maybe.
6. For some reason, 5 is looking for a roommate. Should (s)he room with 9 or 10? Marion will sleep anywhere, especially when she's dressed as a pageboy... just don't diss Richard Cour de Lion.
Seeing as Calvin would probably know that Richard ended up making a terrible king, I'm not feeling good about that one...
7. 2, 7 and 12 are going out to dinner. Where do they go and what do they discuss? Uncas edges away from Alice, wishing she'd brought her sister Cora instead. Lois looks amused, taking notes and hoping to get Eowyn to write her an article for People mag on the unlikely couple. If it weren't for Eowyn and that fellow Faramir's blasted senses of morality...
8. 3 challenges 10 to a duel, who wins? Scout is not exactly Zorro's size. And I'm slightly mad at Zorro for challenging her. Nonetheless, she manages to slit his throat and takes up the black mask herself. "Look, Atticus!"
9. If 1 stole 8's most precious possession, how would (s)he get it back? It's hard to imagine Rebecca stealing... especially from Eowyn. Oh, I know! She stole Eowyn's notes for People mag and utterly destroyed Eowyn's livelihood!
Naturally Eowyn is mad... very mad... crazy woman mad... and sghe suspects Arwen of hiring Rebecca...
Rebecca's just doing as her conscience dictates, as usual.
Eowyn tells Lady Rowena that Ivanhoe's engaged to Rebecca and Rowena is so mad that she erm... *takes care of* Rebecca. Then it's an easy matter for Eowyn to get the notes back... Rebecca didn't mention who they'd go to IN HER WILL!
10. Suggest a story title in which 7 and 12 both attain what they desire. Men in Tights =D
Oh yeah, Superman. Duncan prob'ly wore tights too... right?
11. What kind of plot device would you have to use if you wanted 1 and 4 to work together? Tell Horblower that his sense of duty demanded him to... propose to Rebecca. Yeah. Then she'd be waaaaay better off than Rowena... for once.
12. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would it go? Eeeee... Alice? I'd grow in a good deal of the patience that I need...
13. If you could command 3 to perform any service or task for you, what would it be?
Find me an adventure to live, please Zorro? I'm pining for an adventure...
14. Does anyone on your friends list write or draw 11? Sorry, Lois Lane. I don't think so.
15. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 and 5, what side would (s)he choose? Uncas? Marion, definitely. He has little use for Horatio's ships and things...
16. What might 10 shout out while charging into battle? Scout would say, "Told ya I could lift Dad's gun, Jem! Told ya!"
17. If you had to choose a song to best describe 8, what would it be? Listen to the Wind. Awww... isn't that cheesy...
18. 1, 6 and 12 are having a dim sum at a Chinese Restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left, and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it? Rebecca, Photogen, and Lois Lane. Rebecca wouldn't go for it-- too polite. Photogen would be a gentleman. That leaves Lois. Dearie me, Lois. You are getting a bad rap for this tag.
19. What would be a good pickup line for 2 to say to 10? I don't think Scout would stand to listen to any pickup lines.
20. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Marion? Help me out, Libby, and see if I can list all the naughty things she does...
It would involve eavesdropping... Marion always gets in trouble while eavesdropping.
21. What is 6's secret? Photogen's really deathly afraid of big cats. =D
22. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first? Sorry, Cal. Roran would win, even if you're on the basketball team.
23. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, who would you feel more comfortable walking with, 7 or 8? Alice would be NO HELP AT ALL. Eowyn and I might get in a fight, but we'd hold our own together if we met anybody menacing.
24. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them,but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fic? Wait--- didn't anybody notice that 1 is Rebecca and 4 is Horatio? they;re married by now, for heaven's sakes!
It'd be called, The Search for a Preeminant Protagonist.